iOS 10 beta 2 is available to download for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. The new update contains a larger number of changes and bug fixes to features like widgets, music app, animations, Messages, Control Center and more.
iOS 10 developer beta was released after WWDC 2016 and ships with a lot of new features ranging from opening up Messages, Maps and Phone to developers, changes to notification center widgets, 3D Touch enhancements to new Apple Music app, Health App, Apple News and more.
Here are the changes in iOS 10 beta 2 that we have found so far:
- Rich notifications now work with non-3D Touch iPhones and iPads. This means that you can now get full conversation views in Messages notifications on iPhone and iPad.
- Updated fonts in Apple Music
- Shuffle All option is back in Apple Music
- Changes to animations when you:
- press the home button to exit an app
- open/close folders
- use Spotlight
- Spotlight search performance is fixed
- Keyboard typing sound has been reverted to iOS 9 sounds
- New ‘Rest finger to unlock’ option in Settings
- Flashlight’s 3D Touch shortcuts in control center have received a makeover
- Messages App Store works now
- New low-quality option for images in Messages to save data
- Apple News can now be deleted like other built-in apps
- Clipboard copy and paste now works between iOS 10 and macOS
Check our comprehensive list of all the noticeable new features in iOS 10 beta 2.
If you are a registered developer, you can download the new iOS 10 firmware files from Apple’s Developer website. If you were already on the first iOS 10 beta, head over to Settings > General > Software update to download the new build.
iOS 10 dev beta can also be installed without a developer account. Make sure to check the iOS 10 device compatibility list before you proceed as it has changed from iOS 9’s. You can also downgrade to iOS 9.3.2 later if you change your mind.
It is not recommended that you install a developer beta on a daily driver since it might contain bugs that might ruin your experience. It is expected that iOS 10 public beta will be released in a few weeks, so it is better to wait for it which should have better stability.