iOS 10 developer beta 3 is now available for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. The new release has a number of new changes and features as well as bug fixes.
iOS 10 is a major release and has a lot of new features ranging from opening up of Messages, Maps and Phone apps to developers, changes to notification center widgets, 3D Touch enhancements to new Apple Music app, Health App, Apple News and more.
There are a few ways to upgrade to iOS 10 developer beta 3:
- If you are already on developer beta 2, just go to Settings > General > Software Update on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch to download the update over the air. Make sure that your iOS device is connected to a WiFi network
- Connect your iOS device to a computer running iTunes. This will create a complete backup of your iOS device to your computer and download and install the update
- Download the iOS beta 3 IPSW file from Apple Developer Center, connect your iOS device to your computer and upgrade via iTunes. This is useful if you want to do a clean install on your device
- New keyboard sounds from iOS 10 beta 1 are back
- Rest to unlock works now
- Pokemon Go AR mode and battery saver mode work fine now
- Widgets loading is improved
- New ‘App Support’ section in Siri Settings
- Performance is much better in this release, compared to beta 1 and 2. Animations are smoother and there are fewer stutters through the OS
A new public beta for iOS 10 was not released today to coincide with the developer beta release but should be out in few days. Apple also released the third developer betas for macOS 10.12, tvOS 10 and watchOS 3 today.