Apple has released the third developer beta of tvOS 10 for Apple TV, fourth generation model. The new update mostly contains fixes for the new features announced for tvOS 10 at WWDC 2016.
If you are already using a tvOS 10 developer beta on your Apple TV, you can download beta 3 from Settings. Apple has also released the third beta of Remote app for iOS along with this update.
The updates in beta 3 contain fixes for game controllers, music, ReplayKit, SpriteKit, and Siri.
New features in tvOS 10
- 1300 video channels
- 6000 total apps
- Tons of exclusive new apps and games coming to Apple TV
- New remote app, finally, announced
- Siri now supports movie search by topics.
- Siri can now search 650,000 movies and tv shows now
- YouTube search support added to Siri
- Live Tune-in lets you open a live tv streaming app just by talking to Siri
- Single sign-on comes to Apple TV for cable networks (and to iOS too)
- New dark theme
- When you download an app to iOS, it automatically downloads the tvOS version to Apple TV
- New developer focused features such as ReplayKit, PhotoKit, HomeKit and more
tvOS 10 will be release this fall for the general public. It is not available as a public beta and only developers registered with Apple can download it.
Apple also released a number of other updates today which include iOS 10 beta 3, watchOS 3 beta 3, macOS 10.12 beta 3 and iTunes 12.4.2
watchOS 3 beta 3 released for Apple Watch with lots of bug fixes