Apple is working on updating its Apple News app with new sports scores and favorite team selection. As per code found in iOS 15.4, users will be able to select their preferred sports leagues and teams to get relevant news and updates.
As noted by MacRumors, the new teams selection feature might sync with the Apple TV app too, as references to “Sync Sports Favorites” have been found in iOS 15.4. The Apple TV app already provides sports scores and updates, so the same information would likely be available in the Apple News app.
Apple News app could get real-time sports scores and favorite teams features in iOS 15.4
This new development in iOS 15.4 beta might be related to SportsKit framework, which was discovered by 9to5Mac back in November 2021. The new framework is expected to be integrated into the Apple TV app, Siri, and home screen widgets, and as per this latest update, the News app. All these various services offer sports news, highlights, and updates, so it makes sense for Apple to create a uniform API that provides all the information.
Apple has also been looking to boost its Apple TV+ service through the acquisition of a licensing deal for Major League Baseball. The company has been in talks with MLB and if things go through, might stream games next season. This would mark it the first live broadcast content on Apple TV+, and likely open the way for future acquisitions by Apple.
- iOS 15.4 beta adds 37 new emoji including saluting face, biting lip, heart hands and more
- iOS 15.4 beta adds support for unlocking with Face ID while wearing a mask
- Universal Control is finally available in macOS 12.3 beta and iPadOS 15.4 beta
- iOS 15.4 allows third-party apps to fully utilize 120Hz ProMotion display on iPhone 13 Pro
- iOS 15.4 beta gains support for Custom Email Domains via iCloud+ subscription
- iOS 15.4 features a ‘Cosmetic Scan’ trade-in tool for iPhone
- iOS 15.4 beta reveals Safari push notifications, WebXR and improved PWA support