The new iPhone 12 is now available for pre-order and will be in stores by October 23. This 6.1 -inch smartphone model is equipped with advanced technology like an A14 Bionic chip, 5G network support, Super Retina XDR display protected by the new ceramic shield front cover, and much more for $699.
Although the iPhone 12 has a 4x more durable glass, accidents happen which can put scratches or/and cracks on the screen. Here we have listed down all the details of screen replacement procedure and cost of in case accidental damages.
iPhone 12 Screen Replacement Cost
Apple sells all iPhones with a one-year limited warranty of hardware repair and complimentary technical support for 90 days of purchase. In addition, the company also sells Apple Care+ and Apple Care+ Theft and Loss plans to cover hardware damages like screen repair.
Here are the screen repair prices of the new iPhone 12. Keep in mind that the screen repair price of Apple authorized service providers may vary.
- Under warranty- $0
- Without warranty – $279
- On-site repair- $279 + $29
- Apple Care+ – $29
How to Schedule a Screen Repair Appointment
Apple offers three ways for users to get their iPhone 12 screens repaired as per their routine and preference. Users must schedule an appointment via call or on the Apple support website for screen repair.
- On-Site repair:
- For convenience and quick fix, customers can schedule a certified Apple service provider to replace the screen at their homes or offices, for an additional fee. On-site service is free for units under AppleCare+ coverage. However, this service is available at selected locations, so customers are advised to confirm if their area is covered by an Apple Support Center.
- Bring in:
- A damaged unit can be repaired at an Apple Store during a visit. However, units with complex issues will be sent to the Apple repair center with 3 to 5 business days waiting time.
- Send in:
- Customers can mail in their damaged iPhone SE directly to a repair center, in a box sent by Apple. The unit will be repaired and sent back in 3 to 5 business days.
How to Purchase Apple Care+ Plans
The Cupertino tech giant offers two coverage plans: Apple Care+ and Apple Care+ Theft and Loss. Both plans extend the Apple warranty up to 24 months which includes the following:
- Apple-certified services and support coverage
- Battery service coverage
- Up to 2 incidents of accidental damage protection every 12 months
- 24/7 priority access to technical support
Users can buy plans at the time of purchase of an iPhone SE, or 60 days after, with proof of purchase. Read about Apple Care+ plans in detail to make an informed decision.