iOS 16 for iPhone was released to the public less than two weeks ago and like any other major software update, it is causing its fair share of issues. The latest issue users are reporting is their iPhones not turning on despite being fully charged. If you are also affected by this issue, keep reading for a fix.
Some iPhones running on iOS 16 are not turning on
One Reddit user recently shared an experience of their brand new iPhone 14 Pro Max not turning on.
I left it to charge overnight and woke up late for work when I realized my alarms didn’t go off because my phone was completely dead. Tried several different chargers, hard resets and nothing happens. I have Apple care but the Apple store won’t even take me until I have an appointment which is 3 days from now. Really irritated I’m left without a phone to get in touch with my family for days.
A ton of users replied to the post in the comments and it seems like the issue is related to the new iOS 16 update since iPhone 11, iPhone 12, iPhone 13, etc, owners are affected as well.
As for the fix for an iPhone not turning on, follow the steps below:
- Quickly press and release the Volume Up button.
- Quickly press and release the Volume Down button.
- Finally, press and hold the Screen/Wake button, even when you see the option to turn off the phone until the Apple logo appears.
- The screen will temporarily go dark as the iPhone shuts down and reboots.
- Release the Screen/Wake button when you see the Apple logo on your iPhone’s screen and wait for it to boot.
Strangely enough, one affected user said that once their iPhone 11 eventually turns on, it goes straight to the Lock screen, surpassing the Apple logo boot-up screen.
Hopefully, Apple will address the issue in a future iOS 16 update.
- iOS 16 always shows status bar text in white, here’s a fix
- iOS 16 causing Wi-Fi and Bluetooth issues? Here are some fixes
- These iOS 16 features are exclusive to select iPhone models
- iOS 16 charging on hold notification – here’s what it means for your iPhone battery
- How to unsend an iMessage with iOS 16 on iPhone
- How to edit an iMessage with iOS 16 on iPhone
- Want to enable Dark Mode on a Lock Screen wallpaper on iOS 16? Here’s how
- iOS 16 battery percentage is only available on these iPhone models
- Downgrade iOS 16 to iOS 15 with these simple steps
- iPhone stuck in bootloop after iOS 16 update? Here’s a fix
- Battery drain after iOS 16 update? Here’s what you should do
- iOS 16 home screen search button can be disabled – here’s how