Mario Kart Tour, a successful racing game on iOS and Android, is updated to version 2.4.0 offering new gameplay features and performance improvements. Users can now enjoy the game with friends, change orientations, participate in various events, and more. It is a free game with in-app purchases.
Released in Niantic designed this game on the popular 90s racing style with a combination of original characters, race tracks, and features in a modern form. Mario Kart is a successful app for the company with 2 million downloads which generated $4 million in revenues by June 2020.
New Features on Mario Kart Tour
Players often complained about the portrait game mode of the app which made it difficult to enjoy the game on bigger screens like iPad and tablets. Therefore, the latest version resolves that discomfort for players and introduces other exciting features. Here is a list of everything new on Mario Kart Tour:
- Support for landscape orientation races
- Option to invite friends to multiplayer rooms
- Chance to participate in different events *schedule and details will be shared via in-app notifications
- Improvement in the appearance of the main screen
As social interaction predominantly moved to the virtual world since the outbreak of COVID-19 pandemic, we have seen developers introducing group features and multiplayer support. Niantic too has enhanced its multiplayer rooms feature by allowing users to invite friends to their games, which might be beneficial to attract new players to the app.
Mario Kart Tour is liked for its original design and gameplay which attracts younger and older generations alike because it gives the 90s kids a chance to play their childhood game on their smartphones. The game offers the following features:
- Touch screen gameplay to steer and drift with fingertips.
- Challenge up to seven players from anywhere in the world in multiplayer rooms.
- Race on tracks inspired by real-world cities with friends.
- Purchase in-app items to improve style and boost gameplay.
- Increase rank by racing more.
- Collect drivers, karts, badges, and more with every win.