Apple today announced it is expanding its Apple TV+ catalog of animated content with “Pretzel and the Puppies,” an animated series about a dog family led by stay-at-home dad Pretzel, his five Dachshund puppies, and mom Greta, the mayor of Muttgomery.
Apple TV+ drop trailer for ‘Pretzel and the Puppies’
The animated series is based on the book “Pretzel” by award-winning authors Margret and H.A. Rey, creators of “Curious George”. Over the course of eight episodes, the family helps their friends and neighbors as they “make their bark.” Throughout the series, Pretzel and his mom Greta encourage their pups to try to solve their own problems, reminding them to “Get those PAWS UP!” when they face a challenge.
Pretzel and the Puppies features voice talents of Emmy Award-nominee Mark Duplass from “The Morning Show” and Nasim Pedrad from “Saturday Night Live”. Duplass and Pedrad are joined by newcomers Milo Stein, Alex Jayne Go, Max Mitchell, Amari McCoy, and Gracen Newton.
The series from HarperCollins Productions is executive produced by Caroline Fraser, as well as Ricardo Curtis and Wes Lui from animation studio House of Cool. Co-executive producers include Jennifer Contrucci and Steve Altiere with Altiere also servicing as showrunner.
Pretzel and the Puppies will be available to watch on Apple’s streaming service globally, starting February 11. For $4.99 per month, Apple TV+ is available on iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac, Apple TV via the Apple TV app.
- ‘White Lotus’ star Murray Bartlett signed for Apple TV+ original ‘Physical’ drama series
- The first episode of Apple TV+ ‘The Afterparty’ is available for free on YouTube
- Apple TV+ orders thriller series “Disclaimer,” starring Cate Blanchett and Kevin Kline
- Apple TV+ will premiere “The Sounds of 007” James Bond documentary in October 2022
- Apple TV+ to produce Elizabeth Holmes biopic ‘Bad Blood’, starring Jennifer Lawrence