Apple TV+ 1980s-set dark comedy ‘Physical’ is expanding its cast for season two with Murray Bartlett playing a character that will be the rival of the main character of the show, Sheila Rubin.
Apple TV+ series ‘Physical’ gains new cast member
Apple renewed its hit show Physical for a second season in August several days before the show’s season one finale was aired. Now, the company is working on expanding the cast for the series with the latest addition being Murray Bartlett.
As reported by Variety, Bartlett, best known for his work in “White Lotus,” will be playing Vincent “Vinnie” Green on Physical. The character is “a charismatic fitness instructor, weight loss guru, and late-night infomercial pioneer. He and Sheila are both friends and rivals who struggle privately with personal demons.”
“The writing in this season is really fantastic,” said Bartlett. “That stuff I get to do is really fun, but it’s twisted and smart. It’s interesting because it’s got that whole like 80s fun thing, but there’s a depth to this show that’s really moving.”
Produced for Apple TV+ by Tomorrow Studios, Physical follows the story of Sheila Rubin, a devoted housewife supporting her smart but controversial husband’s bid for state assembly. Sheila has her own set of complex problems to deal with behind closed doors relating to her self-image. She finds release in the world of aerobics. Sheila discovers a way to merge this newfound passion with the burgeoning technology of videotape to start a revolutionary business and finds empowerment along the way.
Season one of Physical is available to watch right now on Apple’s streaming service. For $4.99 per month, Apple TV+ is available on iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac, Apple TV via the Apple TV app.
- Apple TV+ releases another teaser of ‘Servant’ season 3 ahead of its premiere on Jan 21, 2022
- Apple TV+ orders thriller series “Disclaimer,” starring Cate Blanchett and Kevin Kline
- Apple TV+ will premiere “The Sounds of 007” James Bond documentary in October 2022
- Apple TV+ to produce Elizabeth Holmes biopic ‘Bad Blood’, starring Jennifer Lawrence
- Tim Robbins to star in Apple TV+ new drama series ‘Wool’ with Rebecca Ferguson
- Brad Pitt to star in Apple TV+ original film based on Formula 1 racing – Report
- Jonah Hill to star in Apple TV+ and Martin Scorsese new biopic on Grateful Dead, 1960s rock band
- Apple TV+ original ‘Foundation’ was one of the most pirated shows of 2021
- Apple TV+ releases the teaser trailer of “Fraggle Rock: Back to the Rock” coming in Jan, 2022
- Apple TV+ acquires new “The Beanie Bubble” movie, starring Zach Galifianakis and Elizabeth Banks