According to a new report, Apple is said to be finalizing a deal for Apple TV+ to acquire a film starring Brad Pitt as a retired Formula 1 driver who provides guidance to a younger racer. It is unclear if Formula One will be involved in an official capacity with the project but British F1 driver Lewis Hamilton is involved in some capacity.
Apple TV+ reportedly signs Brad Pitt for Formula 1 movie
As reported by Deadline, the Cupertino tech giant is said to be in the last stretch of negotiations to buy the currently untitled Formula 1 film. The publication says the project has seen a highly competitive race and the package is in the $130 million range. Unlike CODA, which Apple acquired as a finished film, the company has been bidding on the pitch to produce this new movie.
The project is reportedly being written by Ehren Kruger and is to be directed by Joseph Kosinski and produced by Jerry Bruckheimer. The report also marks Apple’s second partnership with Brad Pitt. Pitt is already set to star in an Apple TV+ feature deal alongside George Clooney.
As for the film itself, Deadline says it will show Pitt as a retired racer who decides to mentor a younger driver to success, in a final attempt to gain glory. As of now, we do not know who will star alongside Pitt.
- Apple TV+ releases another teaser of ‘Servant’ season 3 ahead of its premiere on Jan 21, 2022
- Apple TV+ orders thriller series “Disclaimer,” starring Cate Blanchett and Kevin Kline
- Apple TV+ will premiere “The Sounds of 007” James Bond documentary in October 2022
- Apple TV+ to produce Elizabeth Holmes biopic ‘Bad Blood’, starring Jennifer Lawrence
- Tim Robbins to star in Apple TV+ new drama series ‘Wool’ with Rebecca Ferguson
- Apple TV+ shares Season’s greetings with a special ‘Ted Lasso’ animated short
- Jonah Hill to star in Apple TV+ and Martin Scorsese new biopic on Grateful Dead, 1960s rock band
- Apple TV+ original ‘Foundation’ was one of the most pirated shows of 2021
- Apple TV+ releases the teaser trailer of “Fraggle Rock: Back to the Rock” coming in Jan, 2022