Apple TV+ made has made the first episode of its new show, The Afterparty, available to stream for free on YouTube. Since the first episode of the series is now available to anyone who can access YouTube, Apple can take advantage of this promotional angle and convert these users into paid viewers of its streaming service.
Apple shares the first episode of new series ‘The Afterparty’ on YouTube
This marks the first time Apple has used YouTube to share a full episode of a series. Previously, the Apple TV YouTube channel has only featured behind-the-scenes clips, teasers, and trailers.
Inside the TV app, users can watch the first episode of most Apple Original series without a subscription. Anyone will an Apple ID can tap on the episodes to play them. However, putting taster episodes on YouTube might help Apple reach a wider audience. The first episode of The Afterparty has already garnered 150,000 views as of publishing.
The Afterparty is a murder-mystery comedy set at a high school reunion afterparty. Each of the eight episodes features a retelling of the same night told through a different character’s point of view each with its own “unique visual style and film genre to match the teller’s personality.”
The series features a star-studded cast including Tiffany Haddish, Sam Richardson, Zoë Chao, Ben Schwartz, Ike Barinholtz, Ilana Glazer, Jamie Demetriou, Dave Franco, and John Early.
The first three episodes of The Afterparty are available to watch now on Apple’s streaming service with the remainder of the episodes being released on a weekly basis. For $4.99 per month, Apple TV+ is available on iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac, Apple TV via the Apple TV app.
- ‘White Lotus’ star Murray Bartlett signed for Apple TV+ original ‘Physical’ drama series
- Apple TV+ orders thriller series “Disclaimer,” starring Cate Blanchett and Kevin Kline
- Apple TV+ will premiere “The Sounds of 007” James Bond documentary in October 2022
- Apple TV+ to produce Elizabeth Holmes biopic ‘Bad Blood’, starring Jennifer Lawrence
- Tim Robbins to star in Apple TV+ new drama series ‘Wool’ with Rebecca Ferguson
- Brad Pitt to star in Apple TV+ original film based on Formula 1 racing – Report
- Jonah Hill to star in Apple TV+ and Martin Scorsese new biopic on Grateful Dead, 1960s rock band
- Apple TV+ original ‘Foundation’ was one of the most pirated shows of 2021
- Apple TV+ releases the teaser trailer of “Fraggle Rock: Back to the Rock” coming in Jan, 2022
- Apple TV+ acquires new “The Beanie Bubble” movie, starring Zach Galifianakis and Elizabeth Banks