If you’ve jailbroken your iPhone 3GS (old bootrom) with iOS 4.1 using PwnageTool, here’s how you can unlock it to work with other carriers. ultrasn0w 1.1-1 is the solution which was upgraded from version 1.0-1 to save battery life while on stand by. Here’s a simple guide on how you can unlock your iPhone 3GS:
- Jailbreak your iPhone 3GS with PwnageTool. Follow our guide here.
- Open up Cydia and tap the Manage button at the bottom. Tap sources, press the edit button on the top and then tap add. Type this repo address in the sources:http://repo666.ultrasn0w.com as shown below.
- Tap Add Source and wait for it to upgrade.
- Search for ultrasn0w (sn0w with a zero not an O) in the search tab at the bottom. Tap it and press install at the top.
- Wait for it to install and then reboot your iPhone 3GS. When it restarts, you should be able to use it with any carrier you want!
If you run into any issues or have any questions, put them in the comments below and we’ll be glad to help you out!
will this work for iphone 3g ?
although cydia is being a bit F’ed up…
I did as it said but when I installed ultrasn0w, it doesn`t work, stuck in “searching…” and my iPhone working slowly and not responding, any ideea?
Same as denebola stuck on “searching”..
I have jailbreak my iphone 3gs with ios 4.1 with limera1n and tried to unlock with ultrasn0w 1.1.1 and my phone is NOT unlocked..
I’m a user from malaysia and I have followed the instruction that you show but I just keep sticking at searching
hey i have an iphone 3g jailbroken and i tried everything to be able to use it with any sim card from ecuador. please help me
my 3GS, ios 4.1 , and the baseband is 06.15.00, I downloaded everything like you said, but sorry I still can’t find any signal, please helpppp~~me~~~! here is my mail add , email@example.com . thank you soooo much!