Since iOS 5 has been released, which was only Monday, several things have happened. First, the iOS has already been jailbroken, and now you can install it on your own even without a developer account. We’re going to tell you how.
This is done by exploiting a security flaw that is in Apple’s activation system. The exploit is specifically related to the voice over functionality of iOS.
DISCLAIMER: WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE YOU MAY CAUSE TO YOUR PHONE! PROCEED WITH CAUTION!
First, download iOS 5:
1. Download iOS 5 IPSW file from the web (you can find it on most, if not all torrent sites)
2. Update your device using the downloaded ISPW. From iTunes, select your device, and while clicking update, hold option on the mac, or hold Shift on a PC.
3. Wait for the update to complete and you will see a new update screen.
Now, Let’s activate iOS:
1. Triple Click the Home button, opening Voice Over.
2. Triple Click the Home button, activating the emergency call function.
3. Click on Emergency Call and while doing that swipe with 3 fingers down.
4. The new notification center will appear.
5. Click on the Weather app, opening up Weather.
6. Click the Home button again to get to the Springboard!
You’re done! Your device is now updated to iOS 5 and you are activated. Enjoy your new iOS, and have fun!