Despite all the features that Samsung Galaxy Tabs have such as screenshots and so on, apps like ROM manager, market enabler and so on still require that you have root access to your device. There are a few methods to root Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 but we’ll be sharing the quickest and simplest methods to do so for whichever model you might have. This method works with both Android 3.1 and 3.2 but make sure you follow the guide and use the files for your appropriate tablet model.
Before proceeding, make sure that you’ve backed up your important data to avoid any loss during the process.
Note: iTD won’t be responsible for any data loss or device malfunction. Although, if you follow the guide correctly, there shouldn’t be any issue.
Galaxy Tab 10.1 WiFi [GTP7510]
- Download the files with USB drivers, ODIN to flash the root files as well as the files themselves. Copy the root.zip to the root of your Tab’s storage.
- First of all, install the Samsung USB drivers ( in case, you haven’t installed KIES )
- Connect your Samsung Tab 10.1 WiFi model to your computer and hold down the power + volume down button to go into the boot loader. Using volume buttons select Downloading mode.
- Launch Odin, and in PDA, browse to the file recovery.md5 from the files you downloaded and click start. The process will complete and the Tab will restart.
- Go into bootloader again and select recovery. Select, install zip from SD card and point to root.zip. Install it and reboot your Tab. That’s all, your Tab is now rooted.
Galaxy Tab 10.1 3G [GTP7500]
- Download the root.zip file.
- Copy this root.zip file into the root of your Tab’s storage.
- Shut down your Tab. Hold down power + volume down buttons to go into the boot loader. Navigate to recovery and select install zip from SD card.
- Navigate to the root.zip you copied and install it.
- Reboot your Tab.
Galaxy Tab 10.1 4G [GTP7500]
- Download the Kernal and Recovery files.
- Copy these files to the root of the storage of your Tab.
- Reboot into the bootloader by shutting down your Tab and then holding power + volume down button to start. Go into recovery.
- Go to Install zip from SD card, Navigate to Kernel.zip and install it. Once done, go again to Install zip from SD card again and navigate to Recovery.zip to install it.
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask them on our Facebook page. All download links are available on XDA.