The amazing Dream Team has accomplished its goal and managed to publically release the Absinthe A5 Jailbreak for iPhone 4S and iPad 2 on iOS 5.0.1 – currently Mac only. But the Windows version is coming very soon as well! Jump after the break to check the instructions and find the download links for Absinthe v0.1.2-1
Update: Windows version is out as well now. Read here.
Supported Devices and Firmware
- iPhone 4S ( iOS 5.0 and iOS 5.0.1)
- iPad 2 ( Wi-Fi only, CDMA and GSM supported. iOS 5.0.1 only )
Note: Make sure to backup your data before you proceed. The jailbreak tool is very new and might contain bugs. iTD won’t be responsible for any issues caused. Also:
- Do NOT have a passcode set
- Do NOT have your own VPN setup
- Download the Absinthe A5 untethered jailbreak from the links below
- Unzip the file and run the tool.
- Select your iOS A5 mobile device ( either iPhone 4S or iPad 2) and that’s it!
- If you face any issues, check out our handy guide on fixing them here
It’s recommended that you upgrade your device(s) to iOS 5.0.1 and do not upgrade to iOS 5.0.2/5.1 when released else you will lose your jailbreak.
Once the jailbreak process is successfully completed, you can open Cydia to download your favorite tweaks and apps for your iPhone or iPad.
For any questions, hit up our Facebook page or Google+ for help.
If you still need any help, post a comment below with details of your iOS device and computer’s operating system and we will try our best to help you out.