WhatsApp has gotten one of its biggest updates recently with improvements to media sharing, editing and much more. Even though it’s a minor version upgrade, there are a number of features included.
Facebook had bought WhatsApp back in February 19, 2014, but has not yet integrated it in any way with its popular social network or even Instagram, its other major acquisition. This is a smart move by Facebook and it seems to have been paying off with WhatsApp reaching a figure of 600 million active users as recent as last month.
WhatsApp Update version 2.11.9 for iPhone bring the ability to share photos faster with contacts, add captions to photos and videos, archive chats and groups and also share and trim video as well as slow motion videos The locations sharing user experience has also been improved. The update is rounded up with the addition of new wallpapers and notification tones.
Here is the full change log from WhatsApp:
- Added ability to archive chats and groups
- Add captions to photos and videos
- Added fast camera access button for capturing and sending photos
- You can now share slow-motion videos (iPhone 5s only)
- You can now trim videos before sharing them
- Share Location: add support for satellite and hybrid map views when sharing a location
- Share Location: drop and drag pin lets you share a precise location
- New media auto-download preferences: Settings > Chat Settings > Media Auto-Download
- New Wallpapers: Settings > Chat Settings > Chat Wallpapers > Wallpaper Library
- New Notification tones: Settings > Notifications
- You can now attach screenshots when reporting problems