The video recording app ‘Clips’ has been updated to version 3.1 with new AR effects. Exclusively designed for iPhone 12 Pro, 12 Pro Max, and iPad Pro (2020) or later, the app now offers a whole new augmented reality experience using the devices’ LiDAR scanner to record visually aesthetic and entertaining videos.
After introducing the LiDAR scanner in iPad Pro in 2020, Apple released the advanced scanning technology in iPhone 12 Pro models later that year to offer users a realistic AR experience in the palm of their hands. LiDAR scanner measures the duration light takes to reflect back from objects to create a depth map in an ultrafast and accurate manner. And using that technology, the updated Clips app enables users to transform their rooms or surroundings with seven new realistic effects.
Using LiDAR scanner, Clips app offers new AR Spaces to make the video recording experience creative and entertaining
Users have seven new AR Spaces to decorate their rooms, along with other new recording features. The release notes read,
- Choose from seven AR Spaces including ribbons of rainbow light, celebratory confetti bursts, magical stardust, a pulsing dance floor, and more
- Record a friend with AR Spaces and watch how animated effects adapt to the person in the room
- Combine AR Spaces with text labels, stickers, and emoji to add even more personality to your videos
- When using Clips on iPad and mirroring to a second display, toggle between showing just your video or the entire interface
- Select multiple projects at once to quickly delete or duplicate them
- Edit text in posters and labels while in landscape orientation on iPhone
- Receive notifications when new stickers, posters, and effects are released in Clips
The clips can be downloaded for free from the App Store. It is compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch and requires iOS 14.5 or later.
- How to use iOS 14.5’s app tracking transparency to block apps from tracking you
- How to recalibrate iPhone 11 battery on iOS 14.5
- Matterport Capture for iOS updated with LiDAR support for iPhone 12 Pro and iPad Pro (2020)