If you have been experiencing issues with battery life on your iPhone 11, Apple has included a fix for it with iOS 14.5. The software update features a tool for recalibrating the battery health reporting on iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, and iPhone 11 Pro Max.
While the recalibration of battery health reporting is only limited to iPhone 11 as of now, it is most likely because iPhone 11 users have been reporting problems of unexpected battery drainage for a while now. Apple says the recalibration of battery health reporting will allow the devices to give more accurate readings and alert users if their battery health has been compromised. If you have been experiencing battery issues with your iPhone 11, follow this guide to recalibrate your battery on iOS 14.5.
Learn how to recalibrate iPhone 11’s battery health reporting system on iOS 14.5
- Launch Settings.
- Go to Battery > Battery Health.
- You will see a message: “Your battery health reporting system is recalibrating Maximum Capacity and Peak Performance Capability. This process may take a few weeks. Learn more…”
The recalibration of battery health reporting takes weeks to process as it requires regular charge cycles from using your phone. As Apple explains in a support document, “Maximum battery capacity is determined using a set of algorithms and measurements taken during use. Over time, these algorithms might be updated to provide the best estimate of maximum battery capacity.”
Once the process is completed, the maximum capacity percentage of your battery will be updated and hopefully, you will not have to experience unexpected battery drain and reduced performance.
We hope this guide helped you learn how to recalibrate iPhone 11’s battery health reporting system on iOS 14.5. If you have any questions, let us know in the comments below.
- How to jailbreak iOS 14.4 using checkra1n on iPhone and iPad
- How to reduce background noise when recording voice memos on iPhone
- How to change iPhone alarm to your favorite song
- How to hide home screen apps and pages on iPhone
- How to change iMessage privacy settings for your photo and name
- How to free iCloud storage by deleting old backups
- How to share iPhone screenshots without saving them to Photos
- How to unlock iPhone with Apple Watch while wearing a face mask
- How to launch actions by tapping on the back of your iPhone