You can jailbreak iOS 14.4 using checkra1n as long as you have a compatible iPhone or iPad model. If you have an iPhone later than iPhone 7, or iPad later than iPad Pro 1st generation, you would be out of luck as this jailbreak method only supports a small number of aging devices.
As of writing, the latest checkra1n version is 0.12.2 beta which released with fixes for crashes on iOS 14.3, but the same version also works with iOS 14.4. Neither Odyssey nor unc0ver support iOS 14 at the moment. Follow our step-by-step guide to jailbreak your iOS 14.4 device!
Jailbreak iOS 14.4 on iPhone and iPad
Before you start, make sure that you have either of the below devices. These are all tested to be supported with checkra1n jailbreak:
- iPhone 6s, 6s Plus, and SE
- iPad 5th generation
- iPad Air 2
- iPad mini 4
- iPad Pro 1st generation
- Apple TV 4 and 4K
- iBridge T2
checkra1n developers had promised to support the following devices in a future update, however, that update is still not out yet.
- iPhone 7 and 7 Plus
- iPad 6th and 7th generation
- iPod touch 7
- iPad Pro 2nd generation
You will also need to use an Intel Mac or Linux PC, as checkra1n does not work on Apple Silicon M1 Macs yet.
- Download the latest checkra1n beta on your Mac or Linux computer, and open the app.
- Go to the app’s options, and enable ‘allow untested versions’.
- Put your iPhone or iPad in DFU mode, and connect it to your computer using a Lightning to USB cable.
- Open the checkra1n app and click start. Let the app complete the process.
Your device will restart once the jailbreak process is complete. Once it restarts, open Cydia to start downloading apps and tweaks.
It is important to note that checkra1n is a semi-tethered jailbreak, which means that if you restart your iPhone or iPad, it will revert to stock iOS. You will have to follow the above steps again to re-jailbreak your device.
- Odyssey 1.2.2 is available for A8/A9 devices running iOS 13.5.1 – 13.7
- Jailbreak iOS 13.5.5 beta using unc0ver v5.2.0
- Apple TV jailbreak tool unc0ver TV released for tvOS 13.4.5