You can now jailbreak iOS 13.5.5 beta 1 using unc0ver 5.2.0 update on iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. The process requires upgrading, or downgrading, to iOS 13.5.5 beta 1, as it is the latest signed iOS build that supports unc0ver. Version 5.2.0 also fixes an issue with auto-update.
Apple had fixed the 0day kernel exploit in iOS 13.5.1 and iPadOS 13.5.1 update, which allowed unc0ver to jailbreak any iPhone, iPad or iPod touch model. The best thing about unc0ver 5.0.0 was that it allowed users to jailbreak the latest Apple devices which include iPhone 11 series, 2020 iPhone SE and 2020 iPad Pro.
Jailbreak iOS 13.5.5 beta using unc0ver v5.2.0
Here is the change log for the new update:
- Enable iOS 13.5.5~b1 support
- Fix a logic bug in disabling auto updates
- Update bundled Cydia to fix crashes on iOS 13.5 with Hardware Keyboard enabled
Even though the kernel exploit was fixed, unc0ver team has managed to get unc0ver working in iOS 13.5.5 beta 1. Apple had released iOS 13.6 beta 2 earlier today, which is just a version number bump and successor to iOS 13.5.5 beta 1, but unc0ver apparently does not support it yet.
If you are eager to jailbreak iOS 13.5.5 beta 1, here are the steps you need to follow:
- Downgrade or upgrade your device to iOS 13.5.5 beta 1 by downloading the IPSW from unc0ver.dev. These IPSW files are from Apple’s servers so you have nothing to worry about. However, if Apple removes the links and stops signing the update, unc0ver 5.2.0 might become useless.
- Download unc0ver 5.2.0 to your computer, and use either AltStore or CydiaImpactor to jailbreak your device. Detailed instructions here.
unc0ver 5.2.0 supports the following devices:
- iPhone 6s – iPhone 11 Pro Max
- iPad mini (fourth generation and later)
- iPod touch (seventh generation)
- Apple TV HD
Follow our guide to jailbreak Apple TV, as it’s different than the usual steps required to jailbreak an iOS device using unc0ver.
If you are using an iPhone, iPad or iPod touch with an A11 chip or older version, you can use checkra1n to jailbreak iOS 13.5.1/13.5.5.