Odyssey jailbreak version 1.2 is now available with support for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch on iOS 13.0 – iOS 13.7, along with a bunch of bug fixes, stability, and performance improvements for devices that it already supported.
Odyssey jailbreak for iOS 13.0 – iOS 13.7
Odyssey already supported iOS 13 – iOS 13.5 before, but with the new update, it has added support for more devices.
Here is the complete changelog from the Odyssey development team for the new update:
- Supports iOS 13.0 – 13.7 on all iOS devices
- Significantly better success rate on iOS 13.3.1 and higher
- Significantly faster exploit for all iOS 13.0 – 13.7
- Uses FreeTheSandbox’s exploit by default on all 13.0 – 13.7
- Removes time_waste exploit
- tardy0n is still available as an option if needed (though it’s hidden as FreeTheSandbox’s exploit is way better)
- Fixes issues with tweaks not injecting sometimes into certain processes
- Improves stability post-jailbreak
For best results, reboot your device and wait 15 seconds before running the jailbreak. If it fails to run, make sure to wait 15 seconds after reboot before running it. Success rate seems to be about 90% in my testing.
The development team has not stopped working yet and is already working on version 1.2.1, which will bring more improvements A10 chip-based devices. A8/A9 support is still in progress and will rely on an old exploit until further development work is completed.
Odyssey 1.2.1 will be coming soon with some more improvements to the exploit for A10 and up
A8/A9 support will take some more time to be completed.
Odyssey 1.2.1 will default to the old exploit on A8 and A9 devices for now (so only up to 13.5 on A8/A9).
— Odyssey (@TheOdysseyJB) November 20, 2020
You can download and install Odyssey jailbreak on your compatible iOS device using AltStore, by sideloading its IPA or using a Shortcut, which makes the whole process very quick and simple.
If you are looking to jailbreak the latest iOS update, you have limited options and will have to use checkra1n jailbreak for iOS 14. It only works on the following iPhone and iPad models on A9(X) and below:
- iPhone 6s, 6s Plus, and SE
- iPad 5th generation
- iPad Air 2
- iPad mini 4
- iPad Pro 1st generation
- Apple TV 4 and 4K
- iBridge T2
- Apple’s T2 Chip can be exploited to jailbreak Mac and MacBook – Claim security researchers
- checkra1n is the first HomePod jailbreak, but only for the non-mini version