unc0ver tvOS jailbreak tool is now available for fourth-generation Apple TV HD and Apple TV 4K models on tvOS 13.4.5 and older versions. The tool can be used to side-load apps, install game emulators and install apps like Kodi and NitoTV.
unc0ver Apple TV jailbreak for tvOS 13.4.5
unc0ver team had released a jailbreak for iOS 13.5 a few days ago, which was followed by a checkra1n for iOS 13.5. The jailbreak for iOS 13.5 is based on a zero day vulnerability, which means that you can jailbreak the latest iOS devices too, including iPhone 11 Pro, iPad Pro 2020, and iPhone SE. After iOS 10, this is the first zero day jailbreak
So far, unc0ver tvOS jailbreak has received three beta releases. Beta 1 was just the initial release. Here is the change log for beta 2 and 3:
Beta 2 had the following features and bug fixes:
- Enable tvOS 12.4
- Add launch image
- Rename Cydia to NitoTV in Settings
- Make failure to purge updates non-fatal
Beta 3 was released earlier today with the following updates and fixes:
- Update bundled nitoTV to fix possible bootloops
- Bundle safetynet package
- Disable older version downloads
Before you decide to download unc0ver tvOS tool to perform an Apple TV jailbreak, note that you need to use Xcode and iOS App Signer on macOS to sign the unc0ver IPA file and install it on your Apple TV. The process is not simple but we will break it down into simple steps for you:
- Download and install Xcode.
- Open Xcode and and create a tvOS Single View App in projects.
- Use an Apple Developer account, free or paid, to configure the project and create a provisioning profile and signing certificate.
- Launch iOS App Signer and open the latest unc0ver TV IPA file.
- In iOS App Signer, select your Apple account for signing certificate, and provisioning profile. Click start and your app will be signed.
- Launch Xcode and open Window > Devices and Simulators.
- Connect your Apple TV and click the ‘+’ button to install the signed unc0ver IPA file.
- Open unc0ver app from your Apple TV home screen and tap jailbreak.
That’s it. tvOS might respring a few times for the Apple TV jailbreak process to complete.