Apple has released the fourth developer beta versions of iOS 14.5, and iPadOS 14.5. The latest beta updates are rolled out to developers and public beta users, after two weeks of seeding third beta updates of iOS 14.5, and iPadOS 14.5
The build number of today’s updates are:
- iOS 14.5 beta 4 – 18E5178a.
- iPadOS 14.5 beta 4 – 18E5178a
In addition to other new features, the new iOS 14 update will introduce the much anticipated App Tracking Transparency (ATT) feature which will forever change iPhone users’ tracking by developers across third-party apps and websites. The company will protect users’ privacy against invasive tracking by making developers seek their permission to monitor online activity and store their data.
New daily updated ‘City Charts’ playlists in Apple Music on iOS 14.5 beta 4
The release notes for this new beta read:
Explore what’s popular in over 100 cities from all over the world with charts updated daily.
New features in iOS 14.5 and iPadOS 14.5
Here is a brief summary of all the new features and improvements discovered in the codes of the upcoming iPhone and iPad operating systems.
iOS 14.5 beta 3
- New ‘Silence Unknown Caller’ prompt
- Redesigned Apple Podcast UI
- New ‘Item Safety’ feature for AirTags and Bluetooth trackers
- Redesigned ‘Find My’ app with items tap and ‘Find My network’ option
- Option to change the default music player
- Unlock iPhone while wearing a mask via Apple Watch
- App tracking transparency controls
- Support for PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X controllers
- 200 new emojis
iPadOS 14.5 beta 3
- Option to mute built-in microphone of iPad (8th generation), iPad Air (4th generation), iPad Pro 11-inch (2nd generation), and iPad Pro 12.9-inch (4th generation)
Interested users can register at Apple’s developer and public beta programs for $99.99 per year. Registered users can install iOS 14.5 beta installed on their iPhone or iPad by navigating to Settings > General > Software Update.