Apple has seeded the fourth developer and public beta of watchOS 7.4, tvOS 14.5, and HomePod 14.5. The build numbers of the updates are:
- watchOS 7.4 beta 4 – 18T5183b
- HomePod 14.5 beta 4 – 18L5186a
- tvOS 14.5 beta 4 – 18L5186a
We are discontinuing the original HomePod, it will continue to be available while supplies last through the Apple Online Store, Apple Retail Stores, and Apple Authorized Resellers. Apple will provide HomePod customers with software updates and service and support through Apple Care.
HomePod mini has been a hit since its debut last fall, offering customers amazing sound, an intelligent assistant, and smart home control all for just $99. We are focusing our efforts on HomePod mini.
New features and improvements on watchOS 7.4, tvOS 14.5, and HomePod 14.5
Here is the list of discovered new features and improvements in new Apple Watch, Apple TV box, and HomePod updates.
- Unlock iPhone while wearing a face mask via Apple Watch. “iPhone can use your Apple Watch to unlock when Face ID detects a face with a mask. Your Apple Watch must be nearby, on your wrist, unlocked, and protected by a passcode.”
- Apple Fitness+ and support for AirPlay 2
- HomeKit camera support
- Multiuser support for gaming
- AirPlay 2
- Audio Sharing
- Picture-in-picture video playback
- 4K YouTube support
- New screen savers
- Support for Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 and Xbox Adaptive Controllers
- Support for stereo output, Dolby Atmos audio, and surround sound with HomePod and Apple TV through a new feature called Home Theater
How to download watchOS 7.4 beta 4 and tvOS 14.5 beta 4
To download the latest watchOS 7.4 beta 4 on the Apple Watch, users will have to start by installing iOS 14.5 beta 4 on their iPhone. Next, install the proper configuration profile from Apple’s beta testing website. Then, launch the Apple Watch app on iPhone, watchOS 7.4 beta 4 will be available to download from there. Make sure that the Apple Watch has over 50 percent of battery life and plugged in. The smartwatch must not be removed from charging until the installation process is complete.
To download and install the tvOS 14.5 beta 4 on your Apple TV, you will need to use Xcode, Apple Configurator, and will need an Apple Developer Account which costs $99/month. It can easily be installed by signing up to Apple’s Beta Software Program with the same Apple ID that you use on your Apple TV. Then open Settings app > System > Software Updates on your TV and enable ‘Get Beta Updates’. You will be able to download and install the latest beta easily.