Ahead of its upcoming September 15 event, Apple seeds iOS 14 and iPadOS 14 beta 8 to developers, today. The latest operating systems were launched at the WWDC 2020 online event and are scheduled for a public release in fall, year. As the public release is coming nearer, the company has now adopted a weekly beta update schedule instead of the bi-weekly update since the launch of the software in June.
Registered developers can easily update their devices to the latest software beta update via Settings app> General> Software update. The update is 100MB and has the build number 18A5373a. It is also expected that Apple will release new iOS 14 public beta later today.
To install the developer beta update, the user must register with the Apple Developer Program for an annual $99 fee. It is exciting to discover all the new features and changes in the software, however, it is not advisable to install the beta version of the software on the primary iPhone for it might lead to issues like data loss or brick phones.
iOS 14 and iPadOS Beta 8
Currently, beta 8 of iOS 14 and iPadOS 14 has bug fixes and security and performance improvement and in a few days, we will find if the company has made any more changes. Since the iPhone and iPad have a unified architecture, both devices share almost the same functionality in their software.
iOS 14 Beta 7
- New dark mode for rainbow wallpapers
- Changes in the App Library categories: Social, Utilities, Productivity & Finance, Information & Reading, Creativity, Other, Health & Fitness, Shopping & Food, Entertainment, Travel, Games, Education, and Arcade are now available
- Smart banner in Safari for Apple News+ app
iOS 14 Beta 6
- The time picker box in the Alarm app gets an orange border
- New Spatial Audio toggle in Accessibility
- New splash screen in the Maps app to notify the users of the new features on the app
iOS 14 Beta 5
- New taller Apple News+ widget to display more information
- For privacy, Widgets also seek users permission to use their location data
- Set an alarm with a finger’s swipe instead of typing in the time
- New UI of the Exposure Notification with the option to choose a country, region, or state to know the feature’s availability in the users’ region.
- A hidden photo album
- HomeKit control center has smaller tiles and better organization
- Weather app widget improved