AppleTV+ will soon air another award-winning creation. The company has announced that the filmed version of the Tony and Olivier Award-winning hit musical “Come From Away” will globally premiere on Friday, September 10. The upcoming movie is directed by Tony Award-winner Christopher Ashley, also the director of the original Broadway production.
Tony is the author of the original book, music, and lyrics of “Come From Away”, along with Grammy Award nominees and Olivier Award winners David Hein and Irene Sankoff. Hein, Sankoff, Jon Kamen, Dave Sirulnick, and Meredith Bennett are executive producers of the musical broadway show.
Enjoy the Broadway musical “Come From Away” at home on Apple TV+
With stars led by the members of the Broadway show, “Come From Away” live performance was filmed in May at the Gerald Schoenfeld Theater in New York City with an audience that included 9/11 survivors and front-line workers. Apple TV+ subscribers, worldwide, will be able to enjoy the magic of melodious storytelling at the comfort of their homes with family and friends or any way they like on September 10.
“Come From Away” tells the story of 7,000 people stranded in the small town of Gander, Newfoundland after all flights into the US are grounded on September 11, 2001. As the people of Newfoundland graciously welcome the “come from aways” into their community in the aftermath, the passengers and locals alike process what’s happened while finding love, laughter and new hope in the unlikely and lasting bonds that they forge.
As per the announcement, the filmed performance includes the following cast:
- Petrina Bromley (original cast member of “Come From Away,” “The Sound of Music”) as Bonnie and others.
- Jenn Colella (original cast member and Tony Award nominee for “Come From Away,” “If/Then”) as Beverley/Annette and others.
- De’Lon Grant (National tour for “Jersey Boys”) as Bob and others.
- Joel Hatch (original cast member of “Come From Away,” “Billy Elliot,” “Annie”) as Claude and others.
- Tony LePage (“Rock of Ages”) as Kevin T. and others.
- Caesar Samayoa (original cast member of “Come From Away,” “Sister Act,” “The Peewee Herman Show”) as Kevin J./Ali and others.
- Q. Smith (original cast member of “Come From Away,” “Mary Poppins,” “Les Misérables”) as Hannah and others.
- Astrid Van Wieren (original cast member and Dora award nominee for “Come From Away”) as Beulah and others.
- Emily Walton (“Peter and the Starcatcher,” “August: Osage County”) as Janice and others.
- Jim Walton (“Sunset Boulevard,” “The Music Man”) as Nick/Doug and others
- Sharon Wheatley (original cast member of “Come From Away,” “Avenue Q,” “Les Misérables,” “Cats” and “The Phantom of the Opera”) as Diane and others.
- Paul Whitty (“Once,” “Gettin’ the Band Back Together,” “Amélie,” “The Full Monty”) as Oz and others.
- Brendan Fraser joins cast of Apple TV+ new movie “Killers of the Flower Moon” by Martin Scorsese
- Trailer released for season 2 of Apple TV+ Original “See”, starring Jason Momoa and Dave Bautista
- Apple TV+ to close a $200 million deal with Matthew Vaughn for the new spy movie ‘Argylle‘
- Showrunner of Apple TV+ new “Foundation’ David S.Goyer discusses the series, premiering on September 24