Apple TV+ team has announced a new talk show ‘The Oprah Conversation’ with the renowned host Oprah Winfrey. The series is designed to engage the audience in “honest and dynamic” conversations to strengthen the human connection. The series will premier on Thursday, July 30 exclusively on the streaming service.
The series is shot remotely due to COVID-19 pandemic precautionary measures of social distancing and avoiding large groups/gatherings. However, the show will include an audience for interaction and to answer pressing questions on racism and other topics.
“Oprah will lead timely and intimate discussions with today’s foremost newsmakers, thought leaders, and masters of their craft. Bringing truth and perspective to a range of topics shaping our world, they reveal gripping stories of human connection.”
The latest series joins other Oprah shows on Apple TV+:
- Oprah Talks COVID-19
- Oprah’s Book Club
The Oprah Conversations
The queen of talk shows, Oprah Winfrey will spread awareness on current social, political, economic, and other topics/issues with thoughtful leaders from around the globe. The line-up of the conversations is as following:
- “How to be an Antiracist” with best selling author and professor Ibram X. Kendi. He will speak to white readers who will “confront their own racist beliefs.”
- Part 1 of conversation with Emmanuel Acho conversation on Friday, August 7. Web series will be the topic of discussion. He is an athlete, commentator, activist, and creator and host of ‘Uncomfortable Conversations with a black man’.
- Part 2 of the conversation with Emmanuel Acho on Race. The discussion will also include questions from white and Latin participants.
The series will also offer poignant conversations between Oprah and change makers such as Equal Justice Initiative founder and best-selling author Bryan Stevenson. A pivotal voice on racism in America, Stevenson’s story and memoir inspired the acclaimed film “Just Mercy.”
AppleTV+ offers a diverse range of original content for subscribers in more than 100 countries. The service is available via Apple TV app on the following devices for $4.99 per month:
- Apple TV
- iPod touch
- select Samsung and
- LG smart TVs
- Amazon Fire TV and
- Roku devices
- Sony Smart TV
- VIZIO Smart TV
The service is also available on the web at tv.apple.com.
- New Dear series on Apple TV is set to inspire, motivate and spread positivity
- Shining Girls-a new thriller series starring Elisabeth Moss coming to Apple TV+
- Function 101 gives users a $30 alternative Apple TV remote