Apple today unveiled a teaser trailer and a premiere date for its upcoming workplace thriller series “Severance”, from the director and executive producer Ben Stiller and creator Dan Erickson. In the show, which is set to premiere on February 18, employees undergo a severance procedure that surgically separates their memories between their work and personal lives.
Apple unveils new thriller “Severance” starring Adam Scott
With a star-studded cast featuring Adam Scott, Britt Lower, John Turturro, Christopher Walken, and Patricia Arquette, the series is expected to tackle the consequences of employees embracing a one-sided work-life balance that separates work and out-of-work memories.
The procedure is called into question as Mark (played by Adam Scott) “finds himself at the center of an unraveling mystery that will force him to confront the true nature of his work … and of himself.” Apple teased in the announcement.
The series is written and executive produced by Dan Erickson, who also serves as co-showrunner. Mark Friedman will also serve as co-showrunner along with being the executive producer.
Check the teaser for Severance down below:
The 9-episode series will launch globally on Apple TV+ with the first two episodes on February 18, 2022, followed by new weekly installments each Friday. To watch Severance when it becomes available, viewers will need a subscription to Apple’s streaming service. For $4.99 per month, Apple TV+ is available on iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac, Apple TV via the Apple TV app.
- Apple TV+ releases another teaser of ‘Servant’ season 3 ahead of its premiere on Jan 21, 2022
- Apple TV+ orders thriller series “Disclaimer,” starring Cate Blanchett and Kevin Kline
- Apple TV+ will premiere “The Sounds of 007” James Bond documentary in October 2022
- Apple TV+ to produce Elizabeth Holmes biopic ‘Bad Blood’, starring Jennifer Lawrence
- Tim Robbins to star in Apple TV+ new drama series ‘Wool’ with Rebecca Ferguson
- Apple TV+ shares Season’s greetings with a special ‘Ted Lasso’ animated short
- Jonah Hill to star in Apple TV+ and Martin Scorsese new biopic on Grateful Dead, 1960s rock band
- Apple TV+ premieres “Twas The Fight Before Christmas” documentary based on a true Christmas story
- Apple TV+ releases the teaser trailer of “Fraggle Rock: Back to the Rock” coming in Jan, 2022