Cupertino tech giant has launched the next-generation Apple Watch Series 8 and an all-new model Apple Watch ultra for endurance athletes, extreme sports, and adventure seekers.
Although both models are powered by advanced S8 with 64-bit dual-core processor and offer the same new health and safety features Cycle Tracking with retrospective ovulation estimates, International emergency calling, Crash Detection, and more, there are several differences too.
If you are inclined to upgrade your older Apple Watch or are a first-time buyer and can not make a decision between Apple Watch Series 8 and Apple Watch Ultra. We have listed all the differences between both models for you to make an informed purchase.
Here are all the differences between Apple Watch Ultra and Apple Watch Series 8
|Specs||Apple Watch Ultra||Apple Watch Series 8|
|Finish||Titanium||Aluminum and Stainless Steel|
|Case size||49mm||45mm and 41mm|
|Weight||61.3 gram||41mm: 31.9 g Aluminum and 42.3 g Stainless Steel|
45mm: 38.8 g Aluminum and 51.5 g Stainless Steel
|Display brightness||Up to 2000 nits||Up to 1000 nits|
|Battery||Up to 36 hours||Up to 18 hours|
|Water resistance||100 meters||50 meters|
|Features||Dive computer app||–|
|GPS||L1 GPS||Precision Dual-frequency (L1 & L5) GPS|
|Speaker||Dual speaker and three-mic|
array with beamforming
|Second-generation speaker and mic|
|Siren||86-decibel Siren to attract attention|
Audible up to 600 feet
$499 (GPS + Cellular)
You can order Apple Watch Ultra and Apple Watch Series 8 from Apple and third-party online and retail stores.
- Apple Watch Ultra arrives early for one lucky AT&T customer
- Apple Watch Ultra reviews: great screen, battery life, falls a little short of competitors
- Apple Watch Ultra, Series 8 and SE 2 support Bluetooth 5.3 says Apple
- Apple Watch Series 8’s ECG app detected AFib and saved a mother’s life
- Apple Watch Series 8 reviews roundup: a worthy upgrade from Apple Watch Series 5 and older
- Wrist temperature on Apple Watch Series 8 and Ultra requires 5 days to establish baseline – Apple