Final Cut Pro has been updated to version 10.5 with new features and performance improvements. An obvious change to the video editing app is its name, Apple has dropped the ‘X’ from previously used ‘Final Cut Pro X’ to ‘Final Cut Pro’. Thus, users should search for the editor without the X now on Mac App Store.
The update to Apple’s video editing has been released after the announcement of M1 Apple Silicon for new Mac models and macOS Big Sur. With its custom-made processing chip, new Mac models will run all iOS apps natively because of a unified architecture across iPhone, iPad, and Mac.
Although developers were given the technical and hardware support to transition their apps from Intel Core processor to Apple Silicon Mac at the WWDC 2020 event, not many have yet built compatible apps for the new 13-inch M1 MacBook Air, MacBook Pro and Mac mini. Fortunately, with Rossetta 2, users will be able to run Intel-based apps but will have to wait for M1 compatible iOS apps like Facebook, Snapchat, Instagram, and others.
Final Cut Pro is optimized for M1 chip with new social media transformation
Final Cut Pro is a video editor for professionals. The latest update brings new proxy copies, social media transformation, and optimizations for M1 (Apple Silicon for Mac).
- Now uses can continue their creative projects by creating proxy copies, as low as 1/8 size in ProRes Proxy or H.264. The new proxy engine is designed to maximize portability and performance.
- The app automatically crops user’s videos/clips to be square, vertical, or any custom size and shape for their respective social media platforms. Now user content for social media is transformed intelligently to reach a larger audience.
- With M1 optimization, the editing app offers enhanced performance and efficiency on new Apple Silicon Macs.
“Rendering a complex timeline is up to 6 times faster and editors can expect amazing playback performance — two streams of 4K ProRes on the MacBook Air and one stream of 8K ProRes on the 13-inch MacBook Pro, all at full quality.”
Apple claims that the M1 chip the best processor in a laptop. Built on 5nm process, it combines CPU, GPU, and Neural Engine in one single chip. Apple Silicon for Mac provides incredible performance, innovative technology, and revolutionary power efficiency. Therefore, Mac models running on powerful hardware and software (macOS Big Sur) will deliver a whole new user experience.
Here are the complete release Notes:
– Improved performance and efficiency on Mac computers with Apple silicon;
– Accelerated machine learning analysis for Smart Conform using the Apple Neural Engine on Mac computers with Apple silicon;
– Option to create a copy of your library and automatically transcode media to ProRes Proxy or H.264 at various resolutions.
Final Cut Pro is available on Mac App Store for $299.99 and is compatible with iMovie, and third-party apps.