Apple has released iOS 14.3 developer beta for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. The update contains a number of new features including ProRaw support for iPhone 12 Pro and Pro Max, App Clip code scanning, weather app updates, and much more.
iOS 14.3 developer beta
Apple has released iOS 14.2 to all users just a few days ago and it had been a few peaceful days with any sort of developer or public beta releases for iOS and iPadOS. On the same day that Apple had a tumultuous release for macOS Big Sur to the public, the company decided that it will be a good time to do a glitchy release for the first iOS 14.3 developer beta. Initially, Apple released the update but then pulled it back, before finally releasing it again.
So far, the official new features in this release have been related to App Clip code scanning, ProRAW support for iPhone 12 Pro and 12 Pro Max, air-quality data for various locations in the weather app, and a bunch of fixes for App Store and HomeKit. A number of hidden gems have also been found in this release, related to AirPods Studio headphones and AirTags, which we will cover separately in detail.
For now, you can download the developer beta on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch, if you are a registered member of Apple Developer Program which costs $99/year. Alternatively, you can wait for the public beta, which will likely be more stable than the developer beta, and should be available in a few days. If you already had the beta profile installed on your iOS device, and forgot to remove it after iOS 14.2 released, you will see iOS 14.3 developer beta show up as an over-the-air update.
iOS 14.3 beta release notes
Here are the complete official release notes from Apple for iOS 14.3 developer beta
App Clip Code Scanning
- Launch App Clips by scanning App Clip Codes using Camera or from Control Center. (70594499)
- SKOverlay no longer fails to display when using SKAd
Network parameters in apps installed via Xcode, TestFlight, or OTA distribution. (69677890)
- Capturing using Apple ProRAW will fail unless the AVFoundation Capture photo request explicitly requests a thumbnail. (71044302)
- Changing the Require Authentication setting, under Personal Requests in the Home App, will have no effect. (71128465)
- Air-quality health recommendations are now provided at specific air-quality levels for the United States, UK, Germany, India, and Mexico. Air-quality data is now provided by BreezoMeter. (61549519, 69005714)
- Air-quality data is now available for specific locations in China, and is provided by QWeather. (69005588)
- Air-quality data for Germany now reflects the updated UBA scale. (66450687)
- Air-quality data for Mexico now uses the ICARS scale. (66450687)