Mobile sites are optimized for Safari on iPhone but, they lack several features when compared to desktop sites. Some websites, like banking sites, ask you to switch to their desktop version to make changes to your account. Although you can request a desktop site manually from the address bar, it is not the most convenient.
Luckily, Apple offers an option to force Safari to load desktop sites on iPhone. Since users may want to access desktop websites in place of mobile websites at all times. Here’s a simple guide you can follow to force Safari to always load desktop sites on iPhone.
Learn how to force Safari to always load desktop sites on iPhone
- Launch Settings on iPhone on iPad.
- Scroll down and tap on Safari.
- Next, scroll through Safari preferences and tap on Request Desktop Website.
- Toggle the switch on to request desktop version automatically on all websites.
- Now, visit any website in Safari to be taken to the full desktop version of the page. Note that you can still view the mobile version of the site by tapping on the aA icon > choosing Request Mobile Website.
Note that Safari will only display the desktop version of a website if it is available. Some websites do not offer a full desktop site for iPhone. We hope this guide helped you learn how to force Safari to always load desktop sites on iPhone. If you have any questions, let us know in the comments below.
- How to edit the date, time, or location of photos in iOS 15
- How to use iOS 15 portrait video and audio effects in any app including Instagram, Snapchat and TikTok
- How to use Announce Notifications with Siri in iOS 15
- How to use WhatsApp on multiple devices without keeping your phone connected
- How to download apps larger than 200MB over cellular data on iPhone
- How to reduce the size of your iCloud backup on iPhone and iPad
- Found an unknown AirTag moving with you? Here is how to disable it
- How to unlock iPhone with Apple Watch while wearing a face mask
- How to use Screen Time to set a time limit for websites on iPhone and iPad