iOS 16 introduced a new multistop routing feature on Apple Maps. The helpful feature allows users to add up to 15 stops in advance on a route while following driving or cycling directions in the Maps app.
Apple Maps users can also plan a route with multiple stops on their Macs and the data will sync on their iPhones automatically.
Here is how to quickly add a stop while following a driving route in Apple Maps
Make sure that your Apple Maps app is updated to the latest iOS version.
- Open the Apple Maps app and tap on the route card at the bottom of the UI.
- Next, tap on the “Add Stop” button to search for a place through the search field and select it to stop.
- Then tap on the “Add” option to reroute the directions in the Maps to take you to that stop next.
How to pause directions and delete a stop on a route in Apple Maps
In addition to adding stops, you can also delete a stop and pause directions while on a route.
- To remove a stop, tap on the route card and tap on the “Delete” option.
- To pause directions when you stop, tap on the “Pause Route” option and when you get back on the road, tap on the “Resume Route” option to start directions again.
- How to view and recover “Recently Deleted” messages on iOS 16 and iPadOS 16
- This is how to use Apple Watch Ultra’s exclusive “Optimized Charge Limit” feature
- How to add custom icons to iOS 16 Lock screen on iPhone
- How to launch any app using Lock screen widgets on iOS 16
- How to set up Back Tap on iPhone on iOS 14 and later
- How to set Focus Filters on iOS 16
- How to set “Taptic Chimes” on Apple Watch to produce hourly sound and haptic motions
- How to share your location in Messages on iPhone