Lock screen widgets, which were added to iPhone with iOS 16, are incredibly useful already but third-party apps are making widgets more versatile than ever. Launchify, a free app on the App Store, lets you launch any app using Lock screen widgets on iPhone. In addition to letting you launch any app using Lock screen widgets, Launchify also allows you to customize the widget itself with a bunch of different options.
Learn how to launch any app using Lock screen widgets on iOS 16
Before you begin, download Launchify from the App Store. Note that even though the app is free, you need to purchase a Premium Subscription if you want to add more than one shortcut to your Lock screen.
- Open Launchify > Tap on the ‘+‘ icon from the top right corner of the screen > Tap App.
- Next, search the app you want the widget to launch and tap on the search result. You can choose any app including Messages, Instagram, Camera, Reddit, etc.
- You can now customize how you want the widget to look. We chose Symbols.
- Scroll through and select whichever symbol you want.
- Now, you need to access the customization page for your Lock screen. Unlock your iPhone > Long press on your Lock screen > Tap Customize > Tap Add Widgets > select Launchify from the list.
- Tap and hold the widget to configure it.
- Select the configuration from the list.
- Finally, tap Add to confirm.
Note that even though the app is free, you need to purchase a Premium Subscription if you want to add more than one shortcut to your Lock screen.
We hope this guide helped you learn how to launch any app using Lock screen widgets on iOS 16. If you have any questions, let us know in the comments below.
- How to restart or force restart the iPhone 14 and iPhone 14 Pro
- Bug causing iPhone 14 Pro to freeze after data transfer? Try this Apple-approved fix
- How to turn off Always-On display on iPhone 14 Pro or iPhone 14 Pro Max
- How to convert a physical SIM to eSIM on iPhone 14
- How to use Emergency SOS via satellite on iPhone 14
- Fix “Unable to Verify Update” issue when updating to iOS 16
- iOS 16 always shows status bar text in white, here’s a fix
- How to delete duplicate photos on your iPhone with iOS 16
- How to use Live Captions in iOS 16 to transcribe any content
- Make album art larger on iOS 16 lock screen with this tip
- iOS 16 causing Wi-Fi and Bluetooth issues? Here are some fixes
- iOS 16 home screen search button can be disabled – here’s how
- iOS 16 showing Lock screen notifications at the bottom of the screen? Here’s a fix
- iOS 16 hides the iMessage voice record button behind a menu