Apple has released iOS 14.7 for iPhone and iPod touch. The update features support for the recently announced MagSafe Battery Pack, multiple timers on HomePod via the Home app, and more.
Table of Contents
What’s new in iOS 14.7?
Throughout the beta testing period, Apple did not share any release notes for iOS 14.7, but users were able to find that the company fixed the bug that disabled Wi-Fi on iPhones, and extended support for ‘Air Quality’ in the Weather app to more countries and regions.
Here are the complete official release notes for the final version from Apple:
iOS 14.7 includes the following improvements and bug fixes for your iPhone:
– MagSafe Battery Pack support for iPhone 12, iPhone 12 mini, iPhone 12 Pro and iPhone 12 Pro Max
– Apple Card Family adds the option to combine credit limits and share one co-owned account with an existing Apple Card user
– Home app adds the ability to manage timers on HomePod
– Air quality information is now available in Weather and Maps for Canada, France, Italy, Netherlands, South Korea, and Spain
– Podcasts library allows you to choose to see all shows or only followed shows
– Share playlist menu option missing in Apple Music
– Dolby Atmos and Apple Music lossless audio playback may unexpectedly stop
– Battery service message that may have disappeared after reboot on some iPhone 11 models is restored
– Braille displays could show invalid information while composing Mail messages
Does your iPhone support iOS 14.7?
iOS 14.7 is compatible with the following devices:
- iPhone 6s and later
- iPod touch (7th generation)
If you already have iOS 14 or iOS 13 installed on your iPhone or iPod touch, you can easily upgrade to the new version.
How to upgrade to iOS 14.7?
Using Software Update
To upgrade to iOS 14.7, go to Settings > General > Software Update on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, and wait for the update to appear. Once it does, simply tap on the download button and let it complete and restart. The update might take some time to download and install depending on your devices and Internet connection speed. Make sure that your device has at least 50% battery charge and is connected to a reliable Wi-Fi network so that you do not run into any issues.
Using Finder or iTunes and IPSW files
You can also upgrade to iOS 14.7 software updates by connecting your iPhone or iPod touch to your Mac or Windows PC using a cable, opening up the Files app (in macOS) or iTunes (in Windows), and downloading the software update. You can also download the IPSW file using the links below for your device, and use the Files app or iTunes to restore it to your device. Make sure that you have backed up your data before following this step though.
iOS 14.7 IPSW files
- iPhone 12 Pro Max
- iPhone 12 Pro
- iPhone 12
- iPhone 12 mini
- iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XS
- iPhone 11, iPhone XR
- iPhone X
- iPhone 8, iPhone 7
- iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone 7 Plus
- iPhone SE (2nd generation)
- iPhone SE
- iPhone 6s
- iPhone 6s Plus
- iPod touch (7th generation)
- watchOS 7.6 released with ECG and Irregular Rhythm Notifications in 30 new regions
- tvOS 14.7 released for Apple TV HD and Apple TV 4K