Right after iOS 16 arrived to the public on September 12, Apple released iOS 16.0.1 on September 15 and iOS 16.0.2 on September 23 to fix issues mostly experienced on iPhone 14 Pro models like activation and migration during set up of iPhone 14 and iPhone 14 Pro, camera vibration on third-party apps and more.
Now, there is evidence that the company is going to launch iOS 16.0.3. version soon to fix several persisting bugs.
iOS 16.0.1 update is expected to arrive this month, along with iOS 16.1
MacRumors claims that it has found evidence of the upcoming iOS 16.0.3 software update in MacRumors analytics logs “which have been a reliable indicator in the past.”
It is expected that the new iOS 16.0.3 version will feature more fixes to patch existing issues like battery drain, Mail app crashing with a specific sender email format, slow Spotlight search, irresponsive Assistive Touch, games that use three-finger input, lack of Cinematic Mode support for iMovie and Final Cut Pro, and others.
Apple is also preparing to launch iOS 16.1 update with new features and performance improvements like Adaptive Transparency mode support for AirPods Max and original AirPods Pro, “Satellite Connection Demo” for iPhone 14 and iPhone 14 Pro, the ability to group speakers in the Home app with HomePods and AirPlay 2 speakers, Live Activities, the option to delete Wallet app, and more.
Both updates are expected to launch this month.
- iPhone 14 Pro Dynamic Island gives “iPhone a new, strong personality and vitality”, says Apple VP of software
- iPhone 14 models have depreciated 2x more than last year’s lineup in the same timeframe
- iPhone 14 Pro Max earns the “Best Smartphone Display Award” for its near perfect display
- Apple might launch M1 Extreme and M2 Extreme chips – Report
- Apple CEO Tim Cook says impact of AR would be as profound as the Internet