Apple recently seeded iOS 16.1 beta 3 to developers and beta testers. Although Apple only mentioned bug fixes in the release notes of the latest beta update, a new feature for the original or first generation AirPods Pro is also spotted.
A Reddit user @ddpacino found that Apple has expanded the Adaptive Transparency mode on the second generation AirPods Pro to the older model as well.
Adaptive Transparency mode reduces the loud environmental noises like a siren, passing car, loudspeaker, and construction tools to deliver an improved and comfortable listening experience. However, Apple details that the new H2 chip in AirPods Pro 2 enables on-device processing to reduce external sounds.
The first generation AirPods Pro is by the H1 chip offer Transparency mode. Although it is yet to be tested how Adaptive Transparency will sound on the older AirPods Pro, users expect that Adaptive Transparency mode will not deliver audio quality on the (1st-gen) AirPods Pro as it does on the 2nd-gen model.
I mean gen 1s, I don’t have the AirPods 2 yet. Although it’s available, I’m certain it doesn’t work as well as the gen 2s because of the new chip. @ddpacino
Previously, it was also found that AirPods Pro 2 users will be able to disable stem volume control on iOS 16.1.
Expected features on the new iOS 16.1 update coming out in October
- “Satellite Connection Demo” for iPhone 14 and iPhone 14 Pro
- switch between their lock screen and home screen wallpaper combinations from Settings > Wallpaper.
- Stage Manager is now available for 2018 and 2020 iPad models.
- Updated battery percentage indicator in the status bar
- Lock screen charging indicator has also made a comeback.
- Return of charging indicator and progress on the lock screen.
- ̉iCloud Shared Photo Library
- Focus filter
- Live Activities and Live Activities
- Game Center: SharePlay support and deeper contacts integration
- Clean Energy Charging