Just a day after releasing iOS 16.4 update to everyone, Apple has seeded iOS 16.5 beta 1 to developers and beta testers.
The latest iOS beta update includes a new Sports tab in the Apple News app to feature all sports related-content in one place.
Apple News app introduced My Sports content in iOS 16 which allowed users to keep track of their favorite teams and games but it was available in the Today or Following sections. Now, it has a dedicated section.
iOS 16.5 beta merges the Following and Search tabs to create a Sports tab in Apple News app
For Apple News readers to easily find sports news, the app introduces a dedicated Sports tab in the middle of the menu bar at the bottom of the UI which features all of the My Sports content
Without increasing the number of tabs in the menu on the app, Apple merged the Following and Search in one tab and added the Sports section.
The new My Sports section lists scores and schedules of readers’ favorite teams, and allows them to view and manage subscriptions to premium sports publishers.
In My Sports in the News app, you can follow your favorite sports, teams, leagues, and athletes; receive stories from top sports publications, local newspapers, and more; access scores, schedules, and standings for the top professional and college leagues; and watch highlights.
Furthermore, Apple News readers can also start Live Activities of supporting sports events to get score updates in real-time. Recently, the MLB app added support for Live Activities, a new onboarding experience, 2023 team schedules, and more.
- Download iOS 16.4 and iPadOS 16.4 firmware IPSW files
- Apple Pay Later launches in the U.S. with limited access to the prerelease version
- iOS 16.4 and tvOS 16.4 add new “Dim Flashing Lights” accessibility feature
- New iOS 16.4, macOS 13.3 and other updates patch over 30 security exploits
- Apple Podcasts app updated with new features in iOS 16.4, iPadOS 6.4 and macOS 13.3
- iOS 16.4 brings new order tracking widget for Apple Pay purchases
- iOS 16.4 and macOS 13.3 add new action options to the Shortcuts app