In a battery test, iPhone 13 Pro Max seems to last almost 10 hours, while the rest of the iPhone 13 models also outlast not only their predecessors but also models with larger batteries. iPhone 13 mini lasted longer than iPhone 12, which has a larger display and battery.
Battery test: all iPhone 13 models vs iPhone 12, iPhone 11 and iPhone SE
The test was done by Mrwhosetheboss, and it put the following models in a battery comparison test:
- iPhone 13 Pro Max
- iPhone 13 Pro
- iPhone 13
- iPhone 13 mini
- iPhone 12
- iPhone 11
- iPhone SE (second generation)
Strangely enough, this list excludes iPhone 12 Pro Max, which is also known for its really good battery life.
All the iPhone models had 100% battery health and were set to the same levels of brightness for the battery test. As per Mrwhosetheboss’s previous battery tests, the longest-lasting phone has been Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra which lasted 8 hours and 41 minutes in his test.
The test took all the smartphones through the following real-world uses: app usage, heavy gaming, and camera usage. App tests included apps like Instagram, TikTok, and YouTube, while gaming tests included Cut The Rope, Crash on the Run, F1 Mobile, and Genshin Impact. The camera tests included photos and video capture. This was followed by some fitness apps, music apps, and apps like Tumblr.
During the tests, the iPhone SE was the first one to die, which is unsurprising due to its battery size and older SoC. iPhone 11 was next as it uses an LCD display and the same A13 SoC as iPhone SE. Of course, iPhone 12 was next, while iPhone 13 mini and other models followed. Here were the times each phone hit in the battery test:
- iPhone SE – 3:38
- iPhone 11 – 4:20
- iPhone 12 – 5:54
- iPhone 13 mini – 6:26
- iPhone 13 – 7:45
- iPhone 13 Pro – 8:17
- iPhone 13 Pro Max – 9:52
So, iPhone 13 Pro Max lasts more than an hour than Samsung’s Galaxy S21 Ultra which lasts 8 hours and 41 minutes in the same battery test.
It goes without saying that this is an unscientific test so different rounds of tests could have different results. But the primary theme in these results is clear: the iPhone 13 line-up has clear improvements in terms of battery life which closely match the numbers that Apple shared.
- iOS 15 battery life vs iOS 14.8 battery life – tested on iPhone 12 and older models
- iPhone 13 Pro reviews: battery life, ProMotion and cameras are major wins
- iPhone 13 Dual SIM and eSIM – All you need to know
- iPhone 13 unboxing videos are out now – Watch here
- First iPhone 13 teardown reveals larger battery and redesigned interior
- iPhone 13 is the most important iPhone ever, setting “new dimensions of performance”
- Every new camera feature in iPhone 13: ProRes support, Cinematic Mode, Macro, more
- iPhone 13 battery sizes have increased – here are the changes