“Lessons in Chemistry”, a new drama series starring Brie Larson will be coming soon to Apple TV. The show is being written and executive produced by Susannah Grant, Academy Award nominee for writing the screenplay of “Erin Brockovich”, and will be produced by Brie Larson.
Jason Bateman and Michael Costigan will executive produce the series under their production company, Aggregate Films, which is also behind shows like “Ozark” for Netflix and “The Outsider” for HBO.
“Lessons in Chemistry” coming to Apple TV in Spring 2022, stars Brie Larson
As per Variety, “Lessons in Chemistry” will be set in the early 1960s and will be based on an upcoming novel from author Bonnie Garmus. The story will revolve around Elizabeth Zott, played by Brie Larson, who is an aspiring scientist and is unable to pursue her dreams because of societal norms of the era which pressurized women to stay at home rather than work. The main character gets fired from a lab after getting pregnant and has to find the courage to be a single mother. She also ends up becoming a TV cooking show host but continues to aspire to return to her first dream which is to become a scientist.
The show is expected to hit the screen in Spring 2022 and will be the second series starring “Captain Marvel” star Brie Larson for Apple TV. The first series was a CIA drama featuring Brie Larson, which is still currently being written and was delayed first because of the COVID-19 pandemic, and later to accommodate for Larson’s “Captain Marvel 2” schedule.
- Apple TV+ original series ‘Ted Lasso’ nominated for three Critics Choice Awards
- Ted Lasso season 2 production for Apple TV+ officially starts
- Apple TV+ releases ‘For All Mankind’ season 2 trailer, premiere is on February 19
- Apple TV+ to produce ‘Kitbag’, the Napoleon Bonaparte epic, starring Joaquin Phoenix
- Apple TV+ picks up sci-fi comedy series starring Andy Samberg, with Ben Stiller producing
- Apple TV+ ‘Losing Alice’ official trailer is out now – The series will premier on Jan 22, 2021
- Samuel L. Jackson to star in upcoming Apple TV+ series, ‘The Last Days of Ptolemy Grey’
- Jared Leto could be coming to Apple TV+ in ‘WeCrashed’ – Report
- Apple TV+ shares trailer for original film ‘Palmer’ starring Justin Timberlake
- Apple TV+ to air its animated series, “The Snoopy Show” on February 5, 2021