Popular makeup and beauty brand, L’Oréal has announced its upcoming Brow Magic app for iOS. Using the LiDAR scanner on compatible iPhone models, the app will allow users to select their preferred eyebrow shape and color of the brow. The Magic Brow applicator scans the face to draw salon-like eyebrows precisely within seconds right in the comfort of your home.
Here is how to achieve salon eyebrows at home with the L’Oréal Brow Magic app for iOS
In partnership with Prinker, a tech pioneer of printed and non-permanent tattoos, L’Oréal has developed the Brow Magic handheld printer to deliver personalized eyebrows. Coming out this year, here is how it will work:
- Open the L’Oréal Brow Magic app on your iPhone and use the Modiface brow reader to scan your face.
- Swipe the brow options menu to virtually apply and choose the suitable eyebrow shape and color.
- Apply the Brow Magic primer on the eyebrows.
- Next, move the Brow Magic handheld printer across the eyebrow in a smooth, single-sweeping motion.
- When done, apply the topcoat to lock in the look.
You will be able to remove the eyebrow easily with any makeup remover. Using L’Oréal’s Modiface AR technology, the L’Oréal Brow Magic app also offers suggestions for microblading, micro-shading, or filler effects.
L’Oréal Brow Magic makes professional-like results accessible at home. Using 2,400 tiny nozzles and printing technology with up to 1,200 drops per inch (dpi) printing resolution, L’Oréal Brow Magic is the first handheld, lightweight, electronic brow makeup applicator to provide consumers with their most precise brow shape in seconds.
As the upcoming beauty app is based on AR tech, it is likely that it will only be available on iPhone 12 Pro and later iPhone Pro models, not standard models because they are equipped with LiDAR scanners.