Apple has updated GarageBand for macOS to version 10.4.8 which includes important security fixes.
Available across Apple devices, GarageBand is Apple’s native audio editing app which offers virtual musical instruments like drums, and guitars, and smart controls to produce new songs or remix existing ones. Users also have access to Sound Library to get inspiration for new projects from today’s biggest producers and much more to “record, mix, master, share”.
With complete integration with Apple’s ecosystem, iCloud allows users to sync their Garageband projects across their devices including multiple Macs, iPhones, and iPads. Songs can also be imported directly from iOS to GarageBand for macOS.
Apple recommends all users update GarageBand for macOS to the latest version
Apple did not detail which security flaws were patched in the latest GarageBand for macOS update but has recommended it to all Mac users. The release notes read:
This update provides important security fixes and is recommended for all users.
Previously, GarageBand for macOS version 10.4.7 added more than 480 Apple Loops and 18 Drum Kits for hip hop and electronic music production with new Sound Packs “Beat Tape” and “Modular Rhythms”, stability improvements and bug fixes.
Existing Mac users can update the GarageBand app via App Store > Updates. New users can download GarageBand for macOS from Mac App Store for free. It requires macOS 12.3 or later.
- Zedd’s song “Clarity” is available on GarageBand app in celebration of its 10-year anniversary
- GarageBand for iOS adds new in-app Remix Sessions featuring Katy Perry and SEVENTEEN
- iOS 16.4 and iPadOS 16.4 beta 3 released to developers
- Everything new in iOS 16.4 beta 3: Apple ID for beta updates, prompts to remove Rapid Security Response and more
- Apple releases new Rapid Security Response updates for iOS 16.4 and macOS 13.3 beta testers
- Apple unveils new beautiful pastel yellow iPhone 14 and 14 Plus
- Apple launches iPhone 14 silicone cases and Apple Watch bands in four new colors