In addition to Home Screen customization, the new Widgetsmith app brings “infinite” ways for users to personalize their iOS 16 Lock Screen with custom widgets.
In 2020, Widgetsmith by David Smith was one of the leading apps to bring customizable Home Screen widgets for photos, date, weather, astronomy, and more. Now, the app’s updated 4.0 version brings the same experience to the iOS 16 Lock Screen.
Set photos, weather, and more widget on the iOS 16 Lock Screen with the new Widgetsmith app
The new Widgetsmith app offers new Lock Screen widgets in three sizes linear text, circular, and rectangular. Users can change the font and colors of the text and icons, design, and more. Here are the release notes:
You can create an infinite number of custom widgets for your iPhone’s Lock Screen ranging from things like photos, weather, time, step counting, and much more.
– An improved widget editor to make widget creation and configuration simpler and more intuitive.
– Widgetsmith provides a wide array of lock screen widgets in all of the new styles.
– The ability to isolate the people in images from their background and import images with transparency.
– A robust set of new tools that which automatically launch within Widgetsmith whenever a widget is tapped. These are contextual to each widget. For example, tapping on a weather widget brings up the weather forecast for the selected location.
Widgetsmith is available on the App Store for free with monthly and annual subscription plans. It is compatible with iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Mac and requires iOs 14.0 or later and Apple Silicon Mac with macOS 11.0 or later. The new Widgetsmith Lock Screen widgets require iOS 16.0 or later.
- ScreenKit app brings over 100 iOS 16 Lock Screen widgets in 25 major categories
- Flighty app introduces new iOS 16 Lock Screen widgets like Trip Countdown, Live Flight Status, more
- Carrot Weather app adds new iOS 16 Lock Screen widgets, layout sections and more
- Google introduces iOS 16 Lock Screen widgets for Gmail, Maps, Chrome and others