George has declared today the sn0w day as he’ll be releasing blacksn0w with blackra1n RC3. blacksn0w is the first ever unlock for 05.11.07 baseband on the iPhone. The changelog and instructions are now available. As promised, here’s the complete guide on how to hacktivate your iPhone 3G/3GS with blackra1n RC3.
- Download the latest version of iTunes.
- Connect your iPhone to your PC/Mac and upgrade to iPhone OS 3.1.2
- Download blackra1n. ( Chose the correct version for your OS )
- Run the app and click on the make it ra1n button.
- Let it do its job and once your iPhone reboots, the blackra1n app will be there in the Springboard. Run it and install blacksn0w.
If you already had blackra1n installed on your iPhone, run the app and you’ll see ‘ra1n’ instead of Icy. Upgrade by tapping it. After the upgrade, it’ll show ‘sn0w’ in the options. Install it and your iPhone will be unlocked.
blacksn0w will also be released via Cydia later today so those who jailbroke using pwnage tool or deleted the blackra1n app will be able to unlock their iPhones easily.
For those interested, here’s the change log for blackra1n RC3:
- Hacktivation support
- 15-second speed improvement
- Tiger+PPC support
- Installation of latest blackra1n app
This guide is only for iPhone 3G and 3GS. For iPhone 2G, check out BootNeuter.
To jailbreak iPod Touch and iPhone 3G/3GS OS 3.1.2 with blackra1n RC3, follow this guide.
To fix issues with issues with iPod Touch and iPhone 3G/3GS OS 3.1.2 jailbreak with blackra1n RC3, use this troubleshooting guide.
Download blackra1n RC3