Apple has posted a guided tour of all the new important features in iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Plus, iPhone 14 Pro, and iPhone 14 Pro Max models. This tour includes a run-through of the camera improvements, lock-screen customization, always-on display, Dynamic Island, A16 Bionic chip, crash detection, Emergency SOS via satellite, and more.
iPhone 14 and iPhone 14 Pro guided tour
The video shows an Apple Store genius telling all about the new iPhone 14 models, their colors, and how you can use the new features. The video also gives a nice tour of New York as the background for all the new feature demonstrations.
The video starts with details of the display sizes of the new iPhone 14 models, as well as their colors and features. Next is a demo of the front-facing camera on both non-Pro and Pro iPhone 14 models, especially the improved True Depth camera which now features an f/1.9 aperture for improved low-light photos.
The 48MP main camera in iPhone 14 Pro models is also shown which has a quad-pixel sensor, which is 65% larger than the iPhone 13 Pro models. This allows for an additional 2x Telephoto zoom, alongside the 0.5x, 1x, and 3x options. The 2x option is perfect for capturing portrait photos, with or without the Portrait mode. This 2x zoom also works when capturing 4K videos, without any loss in visual quality.
For low-light photography, the main camera features an f/1.78 aperture, compared to the f/1.5 aperture in iPhone 13 Pro, but it provides 48% improved light capture, which should allow for better low-light photography. This is shown off in the video with a photo taken in a dimly lit elevator.
The new Action mode is shown by capturing video in a moving taxi, with a lot of vibration. The end result shows gimbal-like smooth stabilization. However, the crop factor that appears in the captured footage looks very different than the viewfinder visuals, so one has to wonder whether the viewfinder shows the actual cropped footage or not.
Check out the complete video below:
- iPhone 14 Pro always-on display – here’s how it works
- iPhone 14 and AirPods Pro 2 support Bluetooth 5.3, but LE Audio support not confirmed
- All iPhone 14 models feature 6GB of RAM
- iPhone 14 vs. iPhone 13: battery life comparison
- AppleCare+ for iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max subscription fees
- AppleCare+ for iPhone 14 and iPhone 14 Plus subscription fees
- Apple introduces two new finishes for iPhone 14 Pro and Pro Max: Space Black and Deep Purple
- iPhone 14 series widens the gap between standard and Pro models
- Here is how the new iPhone 14 Pro “magical” Dynamic Island works
- iPhone 14 Pro’s 48MP camera system enables improved low-light performance, new Action mode, and much more
- iPhone 14 lineup offers Emergency SOS via satellite, eliminating the need for cellular or Wi-Fi
- iPhone 14 lineup ditches the SIM card for eSIM technology in the U.S.
- iPhone 14 Pro tidbits: thickness, brighter display, autofocus, 4K Cinematic mode, Emergency SOS via satellite cost and more
- iPhone 14 Pro benchmarks: A16 is up to 15% faster than iPhone 13 Pro