Apple TV+ has earned another round of accolades. The video streaming service’s original titles secured 25 nominations for Daytime Emmy Awards in children, lifestyle, and crafts categories: ‘Long Way Up (3), ‘Ghostwriter’ (9), ‘Helpsters’ (4), ‘Stillwater’ (4), ‘Helpsters Help You’ (1) and ‘Here We Are: Notes for Living on Planet Earth’ (4).
Recently, ‘The Oprah Conversation’ and ‘1971: The Year That Music Changed Everything” won Critics Choice Real TV Awards for best-structured series and best-limited documentary series which made Apple TV+ the fastest video streaming service to be “honored with 117 wins and 408 awards nominations in 18 months.” And the journey has just begun.
List of Apple TV+ shows’ Daytime Emmy Awards nominations
As per the announcement, Apple Original series secured Daytime Emmy Award nominations in the following categories:
- Outstanding Younger Performer in a Daytime Fiction Series for Isaac Arellanes for “Ghostwriter”
- Outstanding Writing Team for Daytime Fiction Program for “Ghostwriter”
- Outstanding Directing Team for Daytime Fiction Program for “Ghostwriter”
- Outstanding Cinematography for “Ghostwriter”
- Outstanding Preschool Children’s Animated Series for “Stillwater”
- Outstanding Writing Team for a Preschool Animated Program for “Stillwater”
- Outstanding Directing Team for a Preschool Animated Program for “Stillwater”
- Outstanding Editing for a Preschool Animated Program for “Stillwater”
- Outstanding Special Class Daytime Animated Program for “Here We Are: Notes for Living on Planet Earth”
- Outstanding Directing Team for a Daytime Animated Program for “Here We Are: Notes for Living on Planet Earth”
- Outstanding Editing for a Daytime Animated Program for “Here We Are: Notes for Living on Planet Earth”
- Outstanding Sound Mixing and Sound Editing for a Daytime Animated Program for “Here We Are: Notes for Living on Planet Earth”
- Outstanding Limited Performance in a Children’s Program for Derek Gaines in “Helpsters”
- Outstanding Directing Team for a Preschool, Children’s or Family Viewing Program for “Helpsters”
- Outstanding Multiple Camera Editing for “Helpsters”
- Outstanding Travel, Adventure and Nature Program for “Long Way Up”
- Outstanding Multiple Camera Editing for “Long Way Up”
- Outstanding Sound Mixing and Editing for “Long Way Up”
- Outstanding Short Form Children’s Program for “Helpsters Help You”
When a ghost haunts a neighborhood bookstore and starts releasing fictional characters into the real world, four kids must team up to solve an exciting mystery surrounding the ghost’s unfinished business. Armed with secret messages only they can see, the young heroes chase down the truth — and become friends in the process.
“Ghostwriter” is a re-imagining of Sesame Workshops’ 1992 series. Each episode story arc is grouped around literature, featuring classics and new works commissioned from popular authors like D.J. MacHale and Kwame Alexander.
Long Way Up
Starring and executive produced by Ewan McGregor and Charley Boorman, “Long Way Up” reunites the best friends after more than a decade since their last motorbike adventure around the world.
Covering 13,000 miles over 100 days through 16 border crossings and 13 countries, starting from the city of Ushuaia at the tip of South America, Ewan and Charley journey through the glorious and underexposed landscapes of South and Central America in their most challenging expedition to date, using cutting-edge technology on the backs of their prototype electric Harley-Davidsons in order to contribute to the sustainability of the planet.
Meet Cody and the Helpsters, a team of vibrant monsters who love to solve problems. Whether it’s planning a party, climbing a mountain, or mastering a magic trick, the Helpsters can figure anything out—because everything starts with a plan.
Siblings Karl, Addy, and Michael have a very special next-door neighbor: a wise panda named Stillwater. His friendship and stories give them new perspectives on the world, themselves, and each other.
Helpsters Help You
From the makers of Sesame Street, Helpsters Help You is a free series of shorts created to help kids and parents alike cope with the realities of COVID-19. Cody the helpful monster is broadcasting live from the Helpsters shop, where she comes up with a plan for everything from social distancing to having fun when the park is closed. The entire series is available for free on the Apple TV app.
Here We Are: Notes for Living on Planet Earth
On the eve of Earth Day, a precocious seven-year-old learns about the wonders of the planet from his parents—and a mysterious exhibit at the aptly titled Museum of Everything. Based on the best-selling children’s book by Oliver Jeffers. The all-star voice cast includes Chris O’Dowd, Ruth Negga, Jacob Tremblay, and Meryl Streep.
Apple TV+ is available for $4.99 with 7 days free trial across Apple devices via the Apple TV app, and tv.apple.com. It is also available on select smart TV sets from Samsung, LG, Sony, VIZIO, TCL and others, Roku and Amazon Fire TV devices, Chromecast with Google TV, PlayStation, and Xbox gaming consoles.