Apple has released a new firmware update for MagSafe Charger. The firmware version for the charging accessory is 10M229, while the older firmware version was 9M5069.
The MagSafe Charger, compatible with iPhone 12 and iPhone 13, attaches magnetically to the back of the smartphones and charges them wirelessly up to a speed of 15W, except for mini models, which charge at 12W.
MagSafe Charger gets a firmware update
Recently, Apple also launched new AirPods 3 which support charging via the MagSafe Charger. A MagSafe compatible case is also available for AirPods Pro.
Apple has not shared any details regarding this firmware update. This seems to be the first time in recent history that we have seen a charger receive a firmware update. It is entirely possible that the firmware update adjusts some internal workings of the charger based on internal testing or user feedback related to the new AirPods 3, however, this is just speculation on our behalf.
There is no specific method for updating the MagSafe charger, but we believe that placing an iPhone on it to charge while it is connected to a stable Wi-Fi network should do the trick. You can check your MagSafe Charger firmware version by going to Settings > General > About > Apple MagSafe Charger > Firmware Version on your iPhone.
- Apple introduces new MagSafe Wallet with support for Find My, compatible with iPhone 12 and iPhone 13
- Are iPhone 12 MagSafe accessories compatible with iPhone 13 models?
- MagSafe Duo charger costs $180 to charge at full 14W speed
- MagSafe charger’s discoloration issue reported by several iPhone users
- MagSafe wireless charger is 2x slower than wired USB-C charger
- Save 20% off on Apple iPhone MagSafe cases for iPhone 13 and 12 models – Deal
- Buy Apple MagSafe Charger for an incredibly low price of $29.99 – Deal
- Apple reveals potential effect of iPhone 12 MagSafe for users with medically implanted devices
- FDA finds iPhone 12 and MagSafe have low impact on pacemakers