Instagram has redesigned Threads app, its standalone mobile messaging and camera app. The latest update to the app brings a new UI design, improved navigation and Status bar, and more. Last month, Instagram allowed users to message ‘Everyone’ instead of only ‘Close Friends’. The changes are rolling out to all iOS and Android devices globally, starting today.
Launched in 2019, integrated with Instagram close friends list, Threads app was designed to stay connected to ‘close friends’ only. The app’s camera allowed users to quickly send photos or videos and put up statutes. Although users could access Threads chats on Instagram as well, there were usability issues.
Threads app is updated with a new design
The new features are designed to bring ease and improve the access of the app’s various sections. Now users can easily view and comment on friends’ statuses and Stories or respond with a photo or clip. The new navigation bar at the bottom of the UI, allows users to quickly switch from messaging inbox to camera to Stories or Statues.
Furthermore, the update also allows uses to upload photos and videos shot via Threads’ camera to their Instagram Stories. Facebook has released several updates this year, which allow across app communication in its messaging apps. Previously, the social media platform integrated communication via Messages and Instagram apps which marks the company as focusing on engagement with a larger audience rather than just a group of friends.
Recently, a new Everyone Else option was introduced in the inbox section of the app so that users can conveniently share images or videos with all their Instagram contacts directly from the Threads app.
Here is Threads app’s complete features list:
– See messages, statuses and stories from close friends first.
– You can chat with anyone on Instagram from Threads, even if they don’t have Threads.
– Create a status for only your close friends to see on Instagram and Threads.
– Automatically add captions to anything you say when you record a video.
– Quickly send photos and videos to your close friends right from your camera.
– Personalize the color of your app and icon.
- Facebook introduces Snapchat’s vanish mode in Instagram and Messenger
- Instagram announces new home screen tabs for Reels and Shop