The new iPhone 14 series and Apple Watch Series 8 are now available for pre-order on Apple.com. The devices will ship out starting in mid-September.
- iPhone 14, and iPhone 4 Pro models will be available starting from September 16
- iPhone 14 Plus will be available starting from October 10
- Apple Watch Series 8 will be available starting from September 16
Here is a brief summary of the iPhone 14 and Apple Watch Series 8 specs and features
iPhone 14 series
- 6.1-inch iPhone 14
- 6.7-inch iPhone 14 Plus
Both standard models are powered by an A15 Bionic chip with a 5-core GPU and support for 5G networks. They feature an improved camera system with “new Main and front TrueDepth cameras, the Ultra Wide camera for unique perspectives, and Photonic Engine — an enhanced image pipeline.” They are available in purple, midnight, starlight, blue, and (PRODUCT)RED finishes.
- 6.1-inch iPhone 14 Pro
- 6.7-inch iPhone 14 Pro Max
The new Pro lineup is powered by an advanced A16 Bionic chip built on a 4nm process to deliver even better performance and power efficiency. It features an all-new Alway-On display, Dynamic Island, and an enhanced camera system with a “48MP Main camera on iPhone featuring a quad-pixel sensor, and Photonic Engine, an enhanced image pipeline that dramatically improves low-light photos.” Both models are available in deep purple, silver, gold, and space black color options.
The entire series is powered by the iOS 16 update which brings innovative features like a customizable Lock Screen and more, it supports the new groundbreaking safety features: Emergency SOS via satellite and Crash Detection.
Apple Watch Series 8
- 45mm and 41mm sizes
- Swim-proof and IP6X dust resistant
- Always-On Retina display with up 1000 nits
- Health features
- Wrist temperature sensor with support for cycle tracking with retrospective ovulation estimates
- Emergency SOS International
- Crash Detection
- Fall detection
- Blood Oxygen app
- ECG app
- High and low heart rate notification
- Powered by new watchOS 9