The much-awaited tool, greenpois0n, was released earlier today. It jailbreaks all third and fourth generation iPhone and iPod Touch models. Unlike previously expected, greenpois0n doesn’t use SHAtter but instead the Chronic Dev Team opted for limera1n exploit found by GeoHot. This throws all those talks about the jailbreak community being divided over the different jailbreak tools and exploits, down the drain. As per tradition, we’ve prepared some guides on how to go on with jailbreaking your iOS device using greenpois0n.
Remember to backup your data using iTunes. Better to be safe than sorry!
This isn’t for users who require a carrier unlock. Stay with the firmware you have until we have an unlock for iOS 4.1
- Make sure you’re on iOS 4.1. If not, connect your iPhone to your computer, run iTunes and update. OR you can download iOS 4.1 firmware for your iPhone model from here.
- Download greenpois0n ( Windows only so far )
- Connect your iPhone to your computer and turn it off.
- Run greenpois0n and click on Prepare to Jailbreak (DFU)
- Press the power button for 3 seconds, then while keeping it pressed, hold down the home button for 10 seconds. Then release the power button but keep the home button pressed for 15 seconds.
- If done correctly, your iPhone will be in DFU mode now. greenpois0n will show a jailbreak! button. Press it.Let greenpois0n do its work..
- If done correctly, greenpois0n will show your jailbreak is complete.
Congrats! You’ve jailbroken iOS 4.1 on your iPhone 3GS/4!
If you run into any issues or have any questions, contact us using the comments section below.
To jailbreak your iPod Touch on iOS 4.1 with greenpois0n, follow this guide.